Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rollin' in the dough...almost

So last year, I was getting ready to pay my tuition bill when I looked into my account and saw a random scholarship. I couldn't figure out where I had gotten it and I felt really bad thinking that someone else was probably wondering where thier scholarship money went. So I called the scholarship office to see what the deal was. No one could figure out where it had come from and no one could see where it should go. So, I got to keep it.

Now, Kaden and I are trying to figure out how to pay for next year's tutition without having to take out a student loan. We've applied for a Pell Grant but it looks like we're not going to get it. So today Kaden talks to me and says that he got an e-mail from the financial aid office saying that he was awarded $1,000 in financial aid for the 2007-2008 school year (the school year that ends in May). So he goes and checks it out, and once again, no one can figure out where the money came from. It just popped up. Well, about 20 minutes ago, I checked my e-mail and lo and behold, I was also awarded $1,000 for the 2007-2008 school year. Supposedly we will be getting 2 $1,000 checks in the mail. That means our summer tuition is paid for! Yipee!

I don't know about you, but I would say that someone is watching out for us. But, if you feel the need, I'm sure that we can still accept donations. Just kidding!

2 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Mindi, What great news!!! That is the best. You guys deserve it.

The Ostheds said...

Where and how do you do your cute blog background?
~Sara