
This weekend, our stake had the opportunity to have M. Russell Ballard speak at our conference. I feel so blessed that I was able to hear his words of wisdom and his council. He really hit the internet hard and counselled us to evaluate the time we spend on the internet. I believe his words were something to the effect of "...re-think the time you spend twittering and squirreling." He did say however, that if we have a blog, to use it to speak more openly about the church.
I really got to evaluating what I spend my time doing. I've decided to cut back on a lot of things that I do on the computer. Blogging probably won't be one of them. However, I am contemplating the deletion of my Facebook account. Facebook is a horrible thing for me. I usually just look up people that I don't even particularly care for and compare their lives to mine. How horrible is that? Plus I don't really even update anything on Facebook anyway. I suppose that this is me just speaking out loud but I think I need some encouragement to finally delete my stupid Facebook account. Thoughts?
I really got to evaluating what I spend my time doing. I've decided to cut back on a lot of things that I do on the computer. Blogging probably won't be one of them. However, I am contemplating the deletion of my Facebook account. Facebook is a horrible thing for me. I usually just look up people that I don't even particularly care for and compare their lives to mine. How horrible is that? Plus I don't really even update anything on Facebook anyway. I suppose that this is me just speaking out loud but I think I need some encouragement to finally delete my stupid Facebook account. Thoughts?
P.S. I just did it. Facebook, consider yourself DE-ACTIVATED. And from everyone I used to steal Facebook pictures from, e-mail them to me. Thanks!!
2 comments:
Tell you what, if you delete yours, I'll delete mine. What say you?
Yes, yes, I too am one who finds myself on facebook just...well doing absolutely nothing. It's one of my weaknesses, I kinda like people. Love your post by the way, I need to be better at posting my testimony. Love ya!!!
Post a Comment